Anyway, things are still good. Ventured to Germany October 23-26 with my friend Lindy just for a mini vacation. Spent some time in Buxtehude (my favourite), Stade, Jork and Hamburg. Not a huge fan of Germany though, or the people. The train broke down on the way home, so we got stuck in Munster for a couple hours and then had to take a bus back to Holland. Didn't get to Amsterdam until 2:30am, when we should have been home and in bed by midnight. Of course, the trains were no longer running to our little town so we had to sleep in this woman's flat, who we had met on the bus. Interesting.
Since being here, I've slept in so many random places. A couple places around here, after a night of heavy drinking. A sweet family in Jork, and a couchsurfer in Hamburg, and another couchsurfer in Gent, and that woman in Amsterdam.. Life is much, much different here. I feel like a totally new person.
Last night I went to Amsterdam to meet up with one of my second cousin's who I don't even remember meeting, although I have when I was quite young. He lived here for 6 years and came back to visit some friends and his girlfriends family in Spain, so I decided to go out drinking with them. Hell, why not? It was quite fun I must say, and even though they are almost the same age as my parents, we partied fucking hard and really got to know one another, and it was an awesome experience.

No comments:
Post a Comment